Friday, January 16, 2009

Breath of Freash Air at the Coast

I first have to apologize because I have not been good at keeping up with my blog at all. I have so many posts that need to be done, but now that we are in Oregon I have all my pictures at home, and those will have to wait. For now You all will just have to read about our adventures here.

Since we have been here it's been alot of hard work for John on Hyrum's house. I have made dinner almost every night, and I really think the best part about being here is we are together as a family, and all the time we get to spend together. Even if it's just watching John work, but we all love walking were ever we have to go here. All the stores are right at your convenience here so we just walk as a family to the Hardware store, Grocery store, etc.... It's really great.

This last Tuesday Hyrum and Tiana treated us to a short visit to the Coast. It was so wonderful, and very much a refreshing trip. We walked along a small beach area, then drove down the coast a little ways where we could view seals, Elephant seals, California seals, and my personal favorite, Humback Whales. We saw and heard plenty of Seals, but what was really cool was the spouts of water coming from the pod of Whales that were traveling out in the distance. We never saw them come up out of the water but there was plenty of spray shooting up from the ocean. It was really cool!

After our coast visit we headed to Tiana's 34wk Dr. Visit. She is doing great and on the last stretch to having this baby! John and I have decide to be here for a little longer, so I get to see the new baby arrive, and I am so excited!!!!!!

2 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

Even if everyone else is giving you guilt trips about being out here, at least WE'RE glad you're here! You guys are so much fun to be around!

Anonymous said...

John has always loved the ocean like his father. Moving to the ocean when the kids were young was one of the best things that dad and I did. No Regrets!! It was hard on grandparents but they survived and so will we. The beach is beautiful. Maybe we can meet at Seaworld or someplace this summer for vaca. love you!