Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Our Adventures at Lagoon~"It's what fun is"~


Since my sister Susan was in town for the Beal family reunion she couldn't pass up the chance to go to Lagoon. We could either since both John and I hadn't been in a very long time.


We choose to go on Monday June 6 which was also Braxton's birthday! That morning we decided to give him presents from us since we planned a party for him that next Saturday.


Lagoon was such an adventure for us and the kids. My mom and Steve came along to help with the four younger kids, while all the adult kids went on all the big rides. While we were away from the kids Braxton had a little frightening experience.


While on the Merry-go-round with my Nieces, as the ride ended and the large crowd of kids and parents proceeded off the ride, Braxton began to follow two little boys he thought looked like fun friends. He forgot that he was told to stay with the girls and come off the ride with them. When Steve couldn't see him he panicked and told the worker to stop the ride and the worker told him it was impossible. Steve then proceeded to jump guard fence to look for him almost getting him kicked out. By that time he had already made his way with the two little boys to another ride. While Steve frantically looked for Braxton my mom text us to that he was missing. We had just stepped off the last ride and were heading back that way anyways. John was the only one that had his phone so he received the message. We stopped for a second so he could read it. I watched as his face went from happy to pure fear and panic as he thrust the phone in my hand, yelled out a vulgar word and took off running. I was a little confused for a moment as I turned the phone around to see the message. My heart dropped as I read the he was missing and took off after him.


When we reached my mom She told us what had happened and in all the confusion and panic we split up and began calling for him. I yelled out his name but no answer. I couldn't help but tear up for the fear that I had lost him for good began to swell in me, but as that fear rose I began to plead a prayer in my heart. Suddenly the reassuring feeling hit me and I was suddenly calm, and knew he was okay.


Braxton was having so much fun, not realizing that he had lost the familiar faces that he was suppose to stay with. When the ride stopped and he looked around, he suddenly realized he couldn't see any of the familiar faces. As panic and fear set in he began to cry. The two little boys that he had been following saw that he was scared and they took him to their parents. Thankfully for us they were smart, worried parents. They took him up to the security/Lost Child department.


While we all searched frantically for him John decided to head to the front area of the park to talk to security. As he neared the front he could hear the familiar cry coming for a hallway. As he got closer he knew it was Braxton and picked up his pace. When he rounded the corner he immediately saw Braxton with a park worker who was trying to reassure him and calm him down. Braxton saw John and immediately ran to him. They still asked for ID for security purposes, but all was well as we embraced him and didn't want to let him go.


By the end of the day we had all had a blast, a big scare that turned out to be just fine, and alot of fun memories. Braxton still talks about "yesterday when I was lost" since time means nothing to a 3yr old, but he still wants to go back because he had so much fun.
I'm looking forward to the day when we don't have to worry as much about him, although I'm going to cry when that day comes, or worry even more! :(

1 comment:

Gurr Family said...

That would have been terrible. Thank Heaven you were able to find him safe and sound.