Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jaiden Turns 1

So I know I haven't blogged in months, and I promise i'll try really hard to catch up, but I could wait on this because I didn't want the memory to slip. So here it is....My littlest baby is 1yr old. MAN did that year fly for me. So many things happend in his first year of life, and I may have misse out on really documenting all of his first. So now I think I'll reflect back to some of his first before I move on to blog about the main event.

Jaiden's First:

  • his first smile- 2mths but it took a little longer to get him to giggle
  • 3mths he first rolled over.
  • He sat up on his own at 51/2 mths
  • began to army crawl at 7mths
  • hands and knees crawled at 8mths
  • cut his first two teeth on the bottom(my babies seem to cut two at a time) at 11mths
  • Began cutting his top teeth a week after his first birthday
  • First of my two boys to refuse baby foods, and only except what we were eating.
  • First to be able to gum real food super well before a year

I know there are a few I'm missing, but the list could go on and on.

Now to recap the Birthday party. I decide to do it as a brunch in the late morning since we've been having 100 degree weather I didn't want anyone melting in the heat of the day. Turns out the day I picture to have the party it became overcast and we had a few sprinkles here and there...go figure!~ Anyway it worked out fine because no one wants to be out in the heat. We had an awesome Brunch thanks to all my sweet family who brought yummy food. Jaiden was thrilled to see everyone, but even more thrilled to just be outside where he could roam. We had a short but sweet presents and watching him play with his first birthday cake while we all sang happy birthday. Watching him with the cake was my favortie part. He is funny when it comes to getting messy. Of course he would be since anytime he eats I am quick to put him under running water to clean his hands and face, so I'm sure it was strange for him to have me put him infront of a cake without me saying "Don't make a mess." When the cake was first put infront of him he grab at it a little without letting his hands get to dirty. He then took is small finger and scrapped just enough frosting on his finger to taste. Once he found the taste was satisfactory he then got a little more on that finger...then two fingers..and so on but He would NOT let his feet touch the cake. If any of his toes touched the cake a little he would raise that foot high up. SO SO FUNNY!! It was so funny so see him experience that for the first time.

>
After the party and clean up we headed to the Legacy Aquatic Center for some fun in the pool, since it was still hot even with the partial clouds in the sky. My siblings that attended and my brother and sister-in-law all came along. We had a blast spending as much time as we could there till we were done. It had a really great little baby pool area that was only about a foot deep, and had a canopy with little baby swings. They were really awesome for the little babies. Jaiden was like a little guppy. He didn't care that the water was getting in his face, and sometimes choking it down he went right on ahead and crawled around in the water. Braxton has had a fear or water so it always take him the first little while to ease into the water, and then by the time we are ready to leave he is throwing a fit that we are taking him away. This time was no different. About a 100 times around the lazy river with his dad, then finally being brave enough to play in the baby pool without us holding on he was water happy, but then when it came time to leave.... Talk about tantrums..but still way fun non the less!

Thank you soo so much for all those who came to celebrate Jaiden being apart of our family and here on this earth for a year. You all showed Jaiden how much you love him. Thank You soo much. And to my siblings..It was a blast hanging out together at the pool. A rare gathering that was so fun and memorable.

3 comments:

Annie said...

I still think Jaiden is one of the most beautiful babies/kids I have ever seen! Those eyes are amazing! He's got good genes.

The Not-a-hoes said...

i LOVE the family pic of you guys at the pool...its my fav :) and not just because i took it either

Johnson Jinx 09 said...

That is a great family pic. Sounds like so much fun. We may actually be able to come to some of the family stuff now!