- I hate doing dishes. When I say HATE I mean HATE....the textures, smell, and feel of the dirty food and watery soapiness mixing together is just enough to make me gage. Even with a dish washer it's only somewhat tolerable for me. I still try to do my part and stack them in the dishwasher, and to show John that I love him so very, very much I'll even hand wash the big things once in a while so He'll come home happy, but if my husband has begun to pile them up in the sink then I WILL NOT touch them. Call it a Phobia, or whatever, but Me and dirty dishes just do not mix.
- I like showering with my own towel. It really bugs me to share, all though I will if it's necessary. When I travel I will even bring my own towel because I just love using my own(plus mine is usually bigger than hotels). I get mad if john grabs my towel after he showers instead of his, because the oil from his work never comes completely off in the shower therefore it rubs off on to my towel, and I hate that smell.
- When I fold laundry I have to either be watching a movie or have someone talk to me. I usually focus better on folding and separating if my mind is distracted with background noise from a movie, or someone talking to me. Since I'm home without the option of another adult around it usually means a movie is going. Half the time it's a movie Braxton has picked out and we're watching it for the billionth time!
- I have to count or read out loud. I know that Annie said the same thing about counting, and I am the same way but with the added extra of reading out loud as well. I think it's something to do with focus. I can't keep the numbers straight in my head so doing it out loud like they tell you to do it school is the only way I can get the numbers right, but don't ever ask me to do math of any kind on the spot and think it will be right. Math was my worst subject in school, and I still have not mastered it. As for reading.. I know it bugs some people to here others reading out loud, and I don't have to, but I prefer too. I know it throws my husband off it I'm reading the same thing he is out loud. Or you could say I'm not that smart so it helps me to comprehend thing better. Which ever makes sense for you..
- I hate competition~Which that is not the best quality being in the Goodman Family. The 3 boys (and then some) are as competitive as it gets, and with any game it can get heated, therefore I usually opt out of those games.
- I always seem to over-plan if I'm going on vacation. I pack everything and then some. Most people that I stay with are always stunned at the amount of things that I bring. One thing I always have to have is my own bedding. I seem to sleep better if I have all my own pillows and blankets so those are never left behind. Even if I have to stuff them in my suite case, and leave some clothes behind... they come.
So there you are, not the most creative quirks....but they're mine!





2 comments:
Wow, I didn't realize how many quirks we have in common but I think there were 4 out of 6. That's too funny.
You were SOOOO not raised in my family!! The bedding we got at other people's houses or hotels (I think I only stayed in a hotel twice before I got married) was always better than what we had at home, so we were glad to leave our stuff behind. We only take our own towels and pillows when visiting my mom's house, since her towels stink like mildew and sometimes you can't find one (do your remember my post where I modeled the tattered rag I dried off with since I forgot my towel) and there are never any pillows. If I forget my pillow, I go without one, which is lame. Since places we go to visit usually have decent towels and bedding, I don't usually worry about it, so that's why I'm shocked to see your house come with you (plus movies and toys). I'd never keep track of it all!!! I have a hard enough time not forgetting stuff when we take our minimal necessities.
Post a Comment