So the morning of Halloween I began to get ready to head over to my Mom's work where we've started a tradition of trick-or-treating there. It's fun, enclosed, safe, and best of all the ladies love to see the kids. As I brought out the Elmo costume to put on Braxton He flipped out. I fought him a little and got him into the costume then proceeded to show him how cute he looked in the costume. Apparently he hasn't quite grasped the concept of the whole dressing up thing. He took one look at himself in the costume, and I assume he thought that Elmo had eaten him, thus why Elmo's face was sitting on his head. Needless to say he was none to happy, even a little scared. I tried talking him into it since I needed him in a costume for the activities that day, but to no avail, He wanted the stupid thing off and now!
I finally took it off of him. I knew I needed something for him, but with this being Halloween day I wasn't sure places would have anything. Kmart!!! Since they are right down the street, and they always have Holiday clearance I knew I would be able to find something there. This time though I was going to let him choose the costume. I learned my lesson on guessing what he might like with Elmo. He didn't do half bad. He choose A Fireman!! And the best part was, He was thrilled to wear it! So Off to Nana's work we went.
So at Nana's work, she was thrilled to be showing off her grandsons. Especially Braxton since he can walk, talk, and is more independent. Once Braxton got the hang of the fact that if you hold out your bag and say thanks, people would give you candy and he was all about that. We couldn't get him to say trick-or-treat, but at least we would tell them thanks! He was so adorable in his costume. It was for ages 3+(couldn't find anything smaller. Slim pickings the day of Halloween) so it went all the way down to his feet. SOO CUTE
Braxton was so excited to have a bag full of Candy. Just look at that face!!!!
And My cute baby Jaiden was so happy and content....I was amazed that he just smiled at everyone that talked to him, and tolerated his costume very well.
Later that evening we headed over to the Truck-or-treat at John's parent's ward. Braxton was not into the trick-or-treating as much here since he had his cousin weston, who dressed in matching soccer outfits with his dad, to entertain him. Grandma Cheryl had a blasted showing them off, and competing with her friends as to who's grandbaby was the cutest!
Here's our Indiana Jones Lion Tamer!
They had tons of fun with grandpa Entertaining them with glow sticks on strings!
Later John & I snuck away to go to a party of one of John's Friends! It was fun to leave Braxton for a while and socialize with people!! All & all it was a great Halloween!!





2 comments:
haha poor braxton! i would be terrified of the red fuzzy suit too! we are home today! and im even cleaning so it isnt too bad if you end up coming over :)
You seem so into holidays that I never would have guessed you weren't into Halloween. Your boys look VERY cute!
Post a Comment