Whitnee and Anna Have been visiting for the last two weeks now. It has been a tradition now for the last 2-3 yrs that they come for the summer. We didn't want them to leave feeling that the visit was a complete waste so we all got together for a big family BBQ up Provo Canyon. David & Meghan provided all the meat and Teresa brought the rest. It was a lot of fun! The kids got to fish as much as there little hearts desired, while the adults that wanted to played volleyball and ultimate Frisbee. John could help himself by bringing water balloons and starting a massive water fight that even the drunk people and their kids thought they were invited to! Teresa was the most unlucky of them all. She was drentched by the end and was fighting to get balloons from John, David, and his friend Ryan. Here see for yourself..
Our BBQ was later interrupted by a party of red necks, and there kids. They all came with alcohol in there hands and didn't stop till one of them was so intoxicated he couldn't walk. Because they were under the same pavilion as us there kids thought that everything under the pavilion was theirs and began to dig into our food. We had planned on doing a fire in an area not far from the pavilion when it got darker, but I was extremely irritated and couldn't stand being next to these people any longer so I convinced everyone to pack up and go a mile down the road to nunns park! Ironically thought the minute we started to leave they packed up and left as well. We didn't get to nunns park till 9pm right as we were losing the last of the light. We got the fire blazing and while waiting for it to dye into coals for roasting marshmallows and puggy pies we sang whatever song came to mind to keep the kids occupied! We had pretty much just got one round of roasting in with only two roasting sticks when and old man and his wife came shining their flash lights in our faces telling us the park was closed and we needed to leave. As we quickly packed up we asked them what time the parked closed, and what the time was at that moment. They responded with "10:30pm and it's 10:31 right now, so you need to be quick about get out." Well okay then...a minute past and we weren't moving fast enough apparently. Anyway I had a blast and it was awesome to just hang out with the family in the canyon like the good old days!








3 comments:
Funny, I just barely got done with my version of the bbq too. I didn't get any of the water fight so that was good.
By the way, for those that watch the slide show, I was not getting fresh with John, I was simply trying to drench him because I was all wet. Doesn't look the best.
Sounds like fun...if only everyone would move to God's country (Oregon, of course), we could ALL hang out!
Post a Comment