Sorry, everyone that I have not posted anything since last week!! As I have stated in previous posts I have been sick with a nasty cough that took my voice(which I am just now barley starting to get back, 3wks later). I thought this nasty little virus that, because I am pregnant, I can not get rid of was bronchitis. I finally gave in and spent the money to see a doctor on Saturday, which I missed the Strawberry's Day Parade Because of it (sorry Teresa, No Pics). They gave me antibiotics and another type of cough syrup and wished me luck. Well the whole week before my coughing fits had only gotten worse, and it had really done a number on my muscles around my ribs (that were already being stretched and sore from the baby). Sunday morning I had as usual had a night of coughing, but I was noticing a little bit more pain than normal on my left side, and it was causing me to sleep on and favor my right side, which I hate. I got up that morning to start getting ready for church. John was using the bathroom, which is always the first place I hit in the morning, so I by-passed the bathroom and headed for the couch. On my way there I started coughing really hard, then right in the middle of it I felt, and heard a "POP" which was instant pain. I was really scared at first because I couldn't move and it was throbbing. John heard me crying and ran out to see what was wrong. I really didn't know what to tell him, and He didn't know what to do for me. We finally figured out how to slowing move me the 2ft. to the chair and sit me down. He quickly called his Dad to come give me a blessing. After the blessing we assessed what happen and concluded that it might be a broken rib, which is not uncommon for pregnant women that have a lot of pressure and strain on their ribs from the baby and hormones that soften your bones. Anyway, we packed up and headed for an IHC instacare(which is way cheaper than the ER) They didn't even bother looking at me because they first off said they couldn't take any x-rays, and second there was nothing they could do for a pregnant woman with a broken rib. "Just wrap it tight, with an ice pack, or go to the ER" they told us. Well, john and I both assumed that if they couldn't do anything for me there than neither could the ER, so we decide to just take there advise and go home. Needless to say I was in a lot of pain and I still had my nasty little cough, which felt like I was being ripped in two every time I coughed. I tried my hardest to avoid it.
The next morning, I figured would be a little better and that I wouldn't need anyone to help get me out of bed or anything. WRONG!~ I woke up with the worst shooting pains going into my side. I was experiencing shortness of breath and couldn't move without a lot of pain shooting into my side. I called John at work for help, but with no success, he was not able to leave work. So my awesome in-laws came right to my rescue! My mother-in-law called my OB, Who then advised that we go the ER which I was trying to avoid!
When we arrived at the AF Hospital they sent me right up to Labor & Delivery so they could monitor the baby and make sure he was okay! They only needed to record him for 20min. but because he was not to happy with the loud echo of the Doppler against my belly, he was unwilling to stay on whatever side they had it on. When it followed him, he would give it a good kick and roll away! Needless to say it took us twice as long to finally get a full 20min. reading! Of course he was strong and healthy, but I was still in pain and couldn't breath, so back down to the ER I went. Once they had us checked in we were informed that that they were full and it would a little wait before I would be seen!!.......2hrs later, They came out the see how all of us sick and afflicted were holding up! They brought me out an Ice pack, and water. What I was so not impressed with was that I knew that in a month we would be charge $500 or more for waiting two hours, then only see a doctor for 5min. What a rip-off. Anyway 15mins. later I was finally taken back to be seen! I had three different nurses ask me the same questions, then the doctor came in and re drilled the same questions, as if none of the previous 3 women had informed him. But I wasn't to irritated becuase he was an awesome doctor. After telling him about the endless cough and chest congestion, then the cough of doom. He concluded that I may not have bronchitis, but an adult form of croup. He was very happy to hear that I had started an antibiotic to finally rid myself of the sickness, but he had me get some chest xrays to see if I had, in fact, broken my rib, or if it was something less serious! Well, thank the good lord, I had not broken a rib, but he was positive that I had torn the cartilage between my ribs, and either pulled or tore a muscle!
So No broken rib, but still painful all the same with this fun injury, and 5wks before the baby comes! They sent me home with the most wonderful painmeds in me, and the reassurance that I would definitely heal with time and lying low for a while with good rest would be just what the doctor ordered! The same day that I went to the ER, John had to leave out of town for training for a day and a half so I was fortunate enough to have my in-laws here to stay with! My Mother and Father in-law have been sooo so great to me through all of my whining and Drama....Thank you Soooo MUCH Scott & Cheryl, I love you two so much. Your awesome
So It has been a very strange and painful start of the week for me! Sorry, No fun pics to show you of all the drama, because that was the last thing on my mind. Just this long and drawn out story!
Lake Tahoe Day
10 years ago





2 comments:
It wasn't long and drawn out. It was a good story. I even enjoyed it even though I mostly knew it all already. What pain meds were they able to give you with you being pregnant??
I was wondering what was going on. So sorry for your pains and all! I always get sick about a month or so before delivering, so I feel for you. I've never had anything that serious though. I sprained my ankle during Hyatt's pregnancy and not being to walk around on your own while pregnant, and with a toddler, really STINKS! Sorry I couldn't have been there to help! So is Jaiden the name you're going with? That's Brittney Spears' son's name, and on the top most popular names list. It's cute though. Get well!
Post a Comment