Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Nothing post!~ Just Updates

Well I haven't gotten around to doing a new post because I never seem to have my camera at the right time to catch any events or cute things, or good things that have happened! But a lot has gone on since my last post! But here are some updates as to what's been happening in our life...


John's uncle got baptised this past Saturday. He has been without the fullness of the gospel his whole life and now has finally allowed himself the priviledge of learning the Gospel of our Lord and Savior. We all were so blessed to have been there to support him and Karen.


My mother-in-law has had some heart problems in the past, and just recently started seeing her heart Doctor again for her veins in her legs. They did some test and thought they saw a blockage in one of her arteries, so they had her come in town this last week to do surgery to get rid of it, but when they got in there they didn't find what they thought was there! So she is back in Vegas and I'm sure doing fine!


John's Brother, Ryan, bought a Wii this last Friday, against the wishes of his wife, but it was all good later cuz she got to have some fun with it too! They bought Mario Kart and 4 paddles with the wheels to go over the paddles. It was a blast and so funny to watch people play, because Wii requires you to move around rather than just sit, so most people really get into it, with their faces especially. I'm talking tongue's sticking out, following the kart and everything. I forgot my Camera so I didn't get to capture all that fun!~


A week ago I was released from my calling as first counselor in the Young Women in church and was called to a new calling with my husband in the Nursery! I'm really excited to be with my family the entire 3hrs on Sunday! We get to basically play with our son and the other kids for two hours every Sunday! Plus no extra meetings, or days out of the week that I have to be away from my family, but I had so much fun with the Young Women and would go back in a heart beat!~


Okay so I do have some video of my new little son. Jaiden is 1month old and is so smart. When he is awake he is very alert and attentive. His eye scan the room, and he always finds the face that is talking to him. When he is sitting in his bouncer he will kick and swing his arms around, trying to bat at the toys hanging over him. He always stops when he finally makes contact with one, with a really cute shocked look on his face, and then you can see him trying to figure out how he did that and he starts moving again to see if it will happen again! He is still working on the smiling thing, but he is bonded and determined to hold his own head up. I will hold him against my shoulder and he will pull his head up and push off me to raise his shoulders up, and can hold himself up there for a minute or so and then his starts to bobble, but he only drops down for a short rest then he's back to trying to look around. Same thing when he is on his tummy. He pushes off the ground and lifts his upper body up to pull his head up! I'm really proud of my little newborn!~ And the two boys together are so cute. Braxton thinks he has to do everything Jaiden is doing. He'll climb into his bouncer after he's been in there and smack the toys, and he always lays next to him when he's on the floor. He even goes as far as to climb into the swing, which he gets in trouble all the time!


3 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

Cutie pie! So I could hear tv in the background. Did you guys unsuspend your satellite?

John-Maren Goodman said...

No! we kind of rigded a cable cord to it and it picks up 3 channels, KBYU or PBS, Fox13, and KJazz which is channel 14. Just enough channels for all of us to stay entertained, but it will all go away when they turn to digital TV, and we can't afford to turn the satillite back on so I guess that means we'll actually be getting out of the house for a change!~

Teresa Jolley said...

Ok, I already told you this but I really truly do love your new background. I'm going to go to that site and check them out so I can find a new one. I get old and bored with the same one for too long. I hope you didn't say that Jaiden was kicking his feet to get the bouncer to move already. I swear Starlett was about 2-3 months old when she figured it out and I remember it so cleary. I recorded it on my old camera which is now broken so of course I don't have that video anymore. But it's good to hear all the updates about family. I'm jealous of Ryan getting a Wii. The least he could do is invite us over to play. :) Love you sis. Keep up the good work with your boys!! Yeah for potty training.