Sunday, August 31, 2008

Potty Training~ What a joy~ NOT


This past Monday I was getting Braxton ready for bed, and just joking, I suggested that he go potty on the big boy toilet! To my surprise he was very insistant and got the potty seat and stool ready and everything~! He actually peed with out us telling him to so that gave me a clue that maybe he was ready for potty training! Tuesday morning came and I was excited that this would be the day that would bring no diapers, especially the poopy ones, and it would be a breeze since He was so enthusiastic about it last night! Well, my excitment soo turned insecurity when I wasn't really sure how to go about starting to potty train. I decided that setting a timer for 30min. would be the best way to go about it. Braxton was okay for the first two times, but as the day went on he got really irritatied that I would interrupt whatever fun thing he was doing just to go sit on the toilet and be forced to sit there and asked to do something on command that he didn't really know or recognized how to do! I figured out really fast that he had no problem doing number 2, but he was good at relaxing to pee, or recongnize that he need to until he was already wet! He luckly would immediately tell me when he was wet so that was a good sign. Well by the end of this week I was irritated, worn out, and frustrated. I'm sure that we made a little leway, but by the end of it I seemed to be the only one trained with the alarm! I gave in and put a diaper back on him on saturday since we had a long weekend of people being around. Maybe I get back into it next week, but I'm sure Braxton will be happy about that, although he loves wearing his big boy underwear!


3 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

Cute undies Braxton! I have such a hard time getting underwear that isn't totally baggy on Hyatt's tiny waist and bum!

dcandmc said...

Hey Maren, you are off to a good start. Don't get frusterated when he is not interested in going, it does take time. I would recommend not setting the time for every half hour. Set it after he has had something to eat or drink. Then when it's time to go if he does great, if not that is okay too. Pretty soon he'll get the idea and things will be easier. Good Luck!

Teresa Jolley said...

Who took those cute pictures. It always takes time, don't get frusterated. It'll happen before you know it.