Sunday, May 18, 2008

Our Anniversary Weekend~

I know it's a little late, but I'm just now getting all our pics on to the computer from this awesome weekend so I thought I'd share what we did.

John and I celebrated our 3rd Anniversary in a local touristy town up Provo canyon called Midway. I know that it's was only our third but I believe in making every year count so I planned a weekend that I thought would be fun and relaxing for the both of us. I booked a room three months in advance(because that is how early you have to book to get the room you want) at a B&B that was suppose to be world renowned!
This was the Honeymoon suite...a lot of money for one night but it was way worth it...The bathtub and shower alone...wowThe shower and Bathtub had waterfalls in them. The shower, including the waterfall feature, had three shower heads. We used the shower 4 times just because is was so awesome!

The best part for me was they had hot chocolate in the kitchen available at all times. I had to get one at night, one in the morning, and one right before we left While we were there we also took a romantic train ride on the Heber Valley railroad's Heber Creeper. The ride was themed Moonlight'n'Fire. The ride took us up the Provo Canyon, almost to the Deer Creek Dam.


During the ride we were entertained by a really awesome ole'folk singers. They used really awesome instruments. We were also served a really awesome dutch oven dinner with the best peach and/or Triple berry cobbler I've have ever had! Then on the way back to the station the trained stopped at a place in a field that had two campfires going with Marshmallows waiting for us to roast. A old rancher told stories as we all got gooey from the mellows! We had a blast.

In the Morning at the B&B ours was the only room to be served breakfast directly to our room! They had a movie gallery for us to choose a movie from so we got to relax and watched a good movie while we ate our breakfast in front of the the most beautiful view! The B&B was on 15 acres of land. They had paths to walk and a pond you could fish or go on a paddle boat on. So we made sure that before we left we would take advantage of at least the paddle boat. After we checked out we got on the boat and floated out into the pond, only to find that the paddle boat would only paddle us in circles. We laughed and argued, and laughed some more and then finally found the hand paddles and were able to head toward a part of the pond that was home to two beautiful swans. It was really wonderful! We enjoyed every minute of this weekend, and I made it through the first night with out our baby(although I couldn't avoid getting rid of the second baby).

3 comments:

Teresa Jolley said...

Very proud of you sister. This blog is AWESOME, I didn't even know of half of what you did on that trip...like roasting marshmellows and going on a paddle boat. You go girl!!

dcandmc said...

I'll keep my comments to myself on your anniversary (hope it was good), thanks for we have to have you over soon.

Thanks
Derek C.

Tiana Johnson said...

looks romantic and fun!