I said several prays that morning that everything would going smoothly that day so we could find ourselves exactly where I had planned! John and I even got into a Tiff about going, but that was to be expected since I have that effect of him when I get a little to pushy, but on his own he came and was happy to be with headed to the temple.
We had arrived at my Aunts house with everything in hand to throw into my Aunts arms and rush back to our car without even looking back! The baby was feed, and all we needed was the names my Aunt had ready for us to take to the temple. We made the exchanged, and then we were off. Heading out my Aunts garage door the stairs are just a little bit smaller than normal stairs to a accommodate my Late Grammy Great. The house was built with her care in mind.
I was wearing a pair of large clog type shoe that I hadn't warn since before I got married. They have a thick heel on them, and aren't the most graceful heels to move on, but the were much better suited for the winter weather and mounds of snow on the ground! We found our way to these small stairs, and when my shoes and the stairs met, there introduction was like a bad first impression. I didn't lift my foot high enough and caught my gigantic heel on the step behind me. when I began to step down I was yelling hello to my Uncle Larry who had just arrive home at the time, but as I felt my heel catch on that back step for a split second I thought to myself I am going down, flat on my face, and with John moving quickly down the stairs in front of me there is nothing I can do about it..... And what do you think happened next....Ding Ding, you got it. in a flash I fell face first, smacking both shins with great force, then skidding the rest of the way down the three stairs.
I was in shock....of course, and John turn abruptly and came to my rescue (a little to late if you ask me), he told later that he expected tears to be pouring out. I just couldn't believe what had just happen, and right in front of my uncle too! I went through a whirlwind of emotion in a matter of minutes, but never did I feel pain. I just kept saying "OH WOW, and "oh my gosh." I was even laughing at myself for a minute. Until...they tried standing me up. The cuts and scraps on my legs were very evident, but not until I put pressure on my legs did I feel the jolt of pain scream through both legs. My right leg was hit harder than my left, although my left looks worse.
When I reached the couch inside my Aunt Karen was apologizing profusely, and grabbing all the ice packs, antibiotic ointment, and wraps she could get her hands on. I just laughed and blamed it on my clumsiness! It was true. I seem to know exactly the right impression to make on people to show them just how clumsy I am. Now I am not sure it's a good thing, or if it's entirely my fought, but effective non the less. I wish I could still blame it on my blondness, but with two kids I have quickly become a brunette since they have taken all the good color out of my hair.
So here I was laid up on my Aunts couch with ice packs on my throbbing legs and thinking to myself "I knew this was coming. I just knew it." Every time I get this determined to do something great, spiritual, and enlightening. actually say it out loud like a challenge to the Adversary. As if I had said "bring it on and see if you can stop me." I can always excpect that something will be put in my way.
My Aunt had felt so bad about the whole thing that she made us a wonderful meal of homemade chicken noodle soup and scones. As she was making the dough for the scones I told her of my thoughts I had earlier. She replied with something that had stuck with me. She said "It's just a testimony to the fact that Satan is as real as the Savior is, and that he will try anything to keep us down. But because we have this very Knowledge we won't let him win, Because he can't keep us down with the knowledge that we have the Savior and his gospel."
Ah my wise Aunt Karen.... I love her so much for her words of wisdom and her love!
So the after math is this....
Left leg
Right leg








3 comments:
OOOOOUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHH!!!!! So have you made it to the temple yet?! Maybe you should make quiet plans and not even tell anybody where you're going (even John). It'll be your little secret! lol good luck!
You could have limped into the temple with scrapes and bruises to prove that he can't stop you....ok, I wouldn't have either. That looks like it hurt!!!
They still look painful today!! Stinkin' Satan!
Post a Comment