
I am so sad this Thanksgiving Holiday is over! I enjoyed every second of it. I never wanted it to end. We had the pleasure of enjoying it with my family. My Brother and his wife brought their family 15 hours east from Oregon to be with us. I am sure that was such a sacrifice for them, but I especially want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for making the long trip out here. I found it such a blessing and a joy to have them with us, plus they choose to stay with John and I so we got more time one on one with them than the rest of the family, and that was SO much fun!! I am just so in love with their kids too!~ Their littlest, Keirsa, is a doll. The minute you say her name and she looks at you, you'll receive the biggest smile from her that just makes you feel so special! She is very observant and loves to just look at you! Their two older kids Hyatt and Talea are so much fun. I am just amazed at their manners, and how smart they are. I love that I can claim them as My nieces and nephew. I love being their aunt.
Anyway, the week went off without a hit. We had so much planned and it all went smoothly, and was a blast. It started with My Nephew Dustin's birthday party Tuesday night, and we all crammed into my sisters small town house. We got to meet Hyrum and Tiana there. They surprised us by getting here a day early. That night was full of smiles, laughter, and warm hugs. Wednesday was spent shopping, and frantically baking dishes for Thanksgiving dinner the next day.
Thursday, the big Turkey day, started off very early. We all planned to take family pictures that morning at Nielsen's Grove Park in Orem. With two families at my house needing to get ready to look "Picture Perfect" I was worried that it would be ciaos. Surprisingly it went so smoothly that we didn't even notice we were fumbling around each other. We got to the park early. I was pleasantly surprised to see my sister Rachel show up at the same time we did with her kids. She had indicated early that week that the chances of her being able to make it were slim. Sadly we were missing my sister Susan and here kids. WE MISSED You guys terribly, and hope we'll get to see you soon.
Once everyone had arrived I began trying to figure out the best lighting for pictures. Everyone had a say in where is should go. Three locations and some over exposed pictures later, we found the perfect place in front of the pond. Everyone gathered into position, and we were able to successfully take a large family picture, along with all the individual families and couples. It was a lot of work but well worth it.












next came Thanksgiving dinner. We ended up eating late since we waited on a ham that was cooking. It all worked out well, since the Turkey ended up showing up at the same time the ham was done. My brother-in-law's Parents joined our massive feast. We ended up with two thanksgiving Dinners, making up one gigantic feast. My sister Rachel had actually prepared and entire dinner for her family but we convinced her to come join ours family fun. She brought over all her goods and then some. It was so yummy and fillings.
Once dinner was finished, I had just enough time to get ready for Our SO-CALLED surprise baby shower (all the 4 expecting mom's already knew what was going on. Can't seem to keep a secret for very long in my family). I had spent two days tying diapers and creating diaper tiers. By the time we got to the baby shower everyone was wiped out and tired so we got right to the point and opened presents. Thank you to all whole brought presents for those special women. They loved them, and I know that they will be put to good use. The day ended with all of us as full as can be, and totally happy and content with all the time spent together as a family.
Friday I started with a lazy morning, and a quick clean up of my house. We then all meet up to see the new Madagascar 2 movie. Extremely funny by the way, and worth owning once it's out. Then ice cream from a cool shop called Sub Zero ice cream. I love that they make the ice cream right in front of you. If you haven't been there, you should at least go once. Then we all headed over to my Aunt Karen & Uncle Larry's house for a dinner full of combined leftovers. It was all so yummy. My favorite part of thanksgiving is the leftovers. I loved seeing my Aunt and Uncle, as well as my Grandparents. Love you guys.
Saturday was another day of wondering around stores with Hyrum & Tiana, fallowed by a spontaneous trip to Cabela's, and quick trip to Spanish Fork to see the Festival of Lights. It was a lot of fun, and being able to spend all that time with my family was so needed, and worth it.
Hopefully it won't be to long before we can do that again. Love you all & Happy Holidays!~





3 comments:
Sounds like it was busy and crazy, but lots of fun. Love all the pics! :D
ooh i finally get to see some of our pics!! i look like a floating head in the family one but i like our individual ones :)
WAAAHHH! We're the only family who didn't get a cool picture in front of the pond! Oh well, it will be outdated in a couple of months anyway. What happened to our pictures in front of the grass? Were they overexposed? I can't wait to see them all!
Post a Comment