Friday, December 26, 2008

Braxton's Snow Adventure


For Christmas John and I searched high and low for a pair of snow boots and pants for Braxton. He had never officially played in the snow yet therefore we felt is was time to introduce him to all it's splendor.

Christmas day when he opened the package he wasn't to sure what to think. I'm sure he thought 'ya right mom, boots? What am I supposed to do with these?' Putting them on and getting him to actually wear them for longer than a minute was tough that first day. He hated the feel of them since they are heavy and a little to big. He kicked and screamed the entire time. We thought "This is going to be fun, NOT."

We had planned to meet up with Ryan and Brittany in Eagle Mountain and the rest of the fam to go sledding the next day. Of course the Goodman brothers didn't hesitate jumping right into their gear and heading up the hill, leaving their wives behind to try their best to encourage the little boys that playing in the snow is fun, and it would be great if they would just put there snow stuff on and get out there. Well that was a fight that I almost certainly was going to lose with out his dad. He is more trusting with his dad when it comes to stepping outside of what he knows. Go Figure!

So we finally got him into his clothes with out to much of a protest. It was really cute, and he even was nice enough to smile for the camera.










John and I took Braxton to the top of the hill to try out one run with him on a inner tube. I wished someone would of had my camera so we could of gotten pictures of that. He was so brave and since he went down with his dad he had a blast. John said the whole way down he was laughing and screaming "faster!!"


Braxton wasn't to excited about just standing on the snow though, but I wasn't about to let him think the snow was a bad thing so I jumped right in and started playing with him in the snow. We threw a few snow balls at Aunt Nicole, Uncle Justin, Uncle Ryan, and Daddy, and some up in the air landing on our heads. I showed him how to make snow angels but he wasn't really interested in trying that, but was thoroughly entertained watching me. By the time we left he was happy to be there and having fun. After that it was off to Ryan & Brittani's for Hot Chocolate and Pizza. MMMMM


We left the snow with fun memories and hopefully next winter he will be more keen on wanting to play in it.








Uncle Ryan Looking cool in his new hundred dollar goggles!~



Here is Jaiden in his snow outfit, but he never made it out into the snow! Obviously!~ But he too cute!

3 comments:

The Not-a-hoes said...

braxton looks so cute!! and every new pic you put up of jaiden he gets cuter and cuter!!

Teresa Jolley said...

The reason why Braxton didn't like them is because how are you supposed to wear BOATS on your feet in the snow. Lol. You know I have to give you a hard time on your misspelled words because if I don't, Tiana will.

Tiana Johnson said...

Yeah, Hyrum had a good laugh over the boats thing and read it to me. I have to say, I'd sympathize with Braxton on that and look at you quizzically saying, "Yeah right mom...boats?" You're hilarious and you make me smile, Maren. I only give you a hard time because I care enough to notice! So there.