Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cancer Awareness!!~ Hope and Love for Becky Brinka


As I have been following the stories of many of the sweet children suffering from Brain Cancer, I felt compelled to do a post for cancer awareness! My husbands boss, Becky Brinka, was just diagnosed 3 weeks ago with breast cancer. Yesterday, October 20th, she underwent a double mastectomy. The news so far is the procedure went well, but they did find that the cancer had spread, therefore they removed much more than expected. I know her recovery will be painful, and that this is just the beginning of the fight for her. We have had her in our prayers ever since we heard the news. Becky, We just want you to know that we are fighting along side you, and our Love, hope, and faith is with you.
September was Childhood Cancer awareness month, and October is Breast Cancer awareness month. So for her, and all the beautiful children that are fighting for their lives today this tribute of awareness is for you!!!





This is a sweet slideshow tribute to Mara Adams.~










3 comments:

Cindi said...

Very touching and scary and heartbreaking! :( We'll add Becky to our prayers.

The Not-a-hoes said...

yay you actually read my blog! lol. i think that immediate families should have family home evening once a week and the extended family should have an evening once a month! we could all start it up and when we all know a month in advance it will be easier to plan. and it should happen before thanksgiving! lol btw what are your plans for turkey day???

Teresa Jolley said...

Wow, I had to stop and hold starlett tighter and remember how grateful I am for what i have. Your awesome for doing this on your blog. luv u