Friday, October 10, 2008

Wyoming Weekend: Day 1~Departure and Arrival

Friday morning I was refreshed and ready to go. My Mom and Steve were due to pick us up at 9:30am. I had gotten up at the perfect time of 7:30am so I could shower and the get the kids bathed and ready as well. All our stuff was piled high ready to be loaded into the car. I always seem to over plan which always means that I over pack. I was so excited for the trip since I hadn't taken one in a while and was craving the open road. All seem to be going well and on time, or so I thought.



Steve had put together a really neat program for the baptism that morning. When he went to print them out he began to experience technical difficulties, which in turn had them running behind about a half hour. They finally made it to my house by just a little before ten. We got everything packed and were on our way...or so I thought.

We began heading the opposite direction of Provo canyon, which was the direction our trip needed to be going. They informed me that we had to take a detour and pick up my sister Teresa's two kids in Pleasant Grove and take them too my brother David and his wife Meghan's place in Lehi. Once they accomplished that task and as we were leaving there house, we again began to proceed in the wrong direction. They then informed me that we were running to South Jordan to swing by Steve's daughters house to pick up there portable DVD. In an attempt to get us back on track and headed in the right direction I then tried to convince them that my lap top would work just fine for movie watching, but to no avail. They decide it would be best to do it now since they weren't sure when they would get the chance again. So our second detour commenced.

Again, another errand accomplished and finally headed back in right direction. Mom was keeping tabs on the other party of relatives that were traveling up there as well, my Grandparents and Aunt Tammy. She called them just as we had reach Parleys Canyon in Salt Lake. They had just reached Rock Springs which put them about 3hrs ahead of us. I wasn't worried! Just finally ready to enjoy the ride up there....Or so I thought. What can you expect with two kids, one being a 2yr old and the other being a Nursing 2month old. Surprisingly Braxton was quiet good, and Any entertainment he needed Nana was every anxious to attend to. Jaiden wasn't so bad either, but the Nursing part was a little tricky. All in all we made it there with minimal drama and a surprising amount of kicking back and enjoying the ride time.

Jaiden all snuggled up for the ride.



I love that They choose to take the back roads. I hadn't gone that way in yrs. I decided it is my favorite route to travel out of the two routes that we know of. Also one of my fondest memories during past trips on this route is the stop in a little town called Farson where we get these cups or cones(which ever you prefer) or gigantic scoops of ice cream. Two scoops usually equals up to like a bowl and a half or something like that. I love picking two flavors but by the time I've finished the top scoop I'm regretting getting the second. Filling, but a great tradition non-the-less, and I was almost devastated when right before we got to Farson my Mom said that My sister Susan Noticed it closed when she came through in June. I was going to cry...but then as we passed the one lonely building at the 4way intersection we noticed it was open and had been remodeled a bit. I was screaming with joy..on the inside.






We finally reached Worland at about 6:00pm where we meet Susan and her girls(well her little girls at least) at the Hotel where my mom and Steve were staying. Her two older girls were at a homecoming football game so we opted to just see them in the morning.

I got the privilege to stay at Toni & Myron Casdorph's home( I hope I spelt their names right). They are the family that adopted my sister little son. His name is Levi. I found out this weekend that they are the most loving, kind hearted, sweetest family I've ever met. But I'll tell about them later.

It had been a long day, and we had an early start the next morning so they took me the 13miles out of two to the Casdorph's farm where I could settle in and get my babies off to bed. Once Braxton found the toys and met their 17mth old Daniel he was wired, which was fine because I spent time getting acquainted with Toni. She is an extremely awesome woman, who I wished I lived closer to.

4 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

The picture with Jaiden bundled in the car seat is so cute, and then the picture at farson looks like you are holing a doll. This does make me a little homesick. Love ya sis, HY

Tiana Johnson said...

Jaiden looks like an actual doll in the ice cream eating picture, not a real baby! He's very cute in the bundled up picture.

And yes, you are an overpacker!!! I'm still laughing, and and scratching my head, about how and why you packed your own towels, blankets, pillows, kids DVDs and toys for your visit here last Feb. I've never seen anyone do that before when they're flying.

Cindi said...

You DO make very, very cute babies! :D Sounds like an adventure, to say the least!

Teresa Jolley said...

Ohhh, I miss road trips to Wyoming so sad I couldn't go and entertain the babies. That would have been a blast.