Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wyoming Weekend: Day 4~Saying Goodbye & Heading Home

Lucky Sunday night I packed so I was not in a rush Monday morning when it came time to get my kids and I ready. Susan decide it was okay for Whitnee to miss the bus in the morning so she could come pick her up and say good-bye to me and the boys.

It really was nice spending the morning slowly getting ready and playing around on the farm. Toni let Whitnee ride around on the 4wheeler. She was thrilled about that. I just walked around the property petting the horses. and watching Braxton and Daniel play till Mom & Steve came to get us. It was definitely bitter sweet to say goodbye to my girls and Susan. I miss being able to see them grow up just like Hyrum and his family!~ I thought about Hyrum a lot while I was there, because this is his kind of country. I know He really misses this place. It sometimes sucks having my family spread out, but it does make for fun road trips and vacations to look forward too.






Once again we were on the road, but this time heading home. It was even more relaxing then the ride there. I was able to watch a movie, and Steve got these pictures of me when I didn't know it. Mom said, since I was using her nice Bose headphones, that I was Laughing loud and could hear them talking to me. I would glance up every now and then but never saw them turn there heads. Jaiden slept most of the way home. Mom was worried after he hadn't woken up after 4hrs. I was just enjoying the silence for a while.




We made one last stop in Evanston to eat. Mom & Steve were so awesome and took us to a great restaurant. I never eat country fried steak, but I decided to try. It was really good.





I was really dumb and didn't think to take pictures of Provo Canyon on the way back. The colors are so beautiful right now since the leaves are changing. And for Hyrum & Tiana who haven't been up the Canyon probably since they lived here, I should have gotten a picture of the Heber Air Port(mainly for Hyrum) and the new bridge that detours up and over the Dam. There is no longer a road on the dam, and the bridge leads to a widened road on the side of the lake. It's pretty neat what they've done up there in the last 5yrs.


Getting home was really nice. John was so excited to see us. He had to tell me that our next door neighbors had an elk strung upside down in their apple tree over the weekend, and they were skinning and taking the meat off of it. He said that by Monday afternoon when he came home for lunch there was just the skeleton hanging. If that was still up when I got home I probably would have thrown up, but thankfully it was gone. Just one more thing that reminded me of My Big Bro!~ I guess it's time I go see them huh. Anyway, John was glued to Braxton the whole rest of the night and they even fell asleep watching a movie together. It is so great how my Husband loves his boys!!!



It was a really great weekend, and I'm glad I got to go! Thank you ssoooo so much Mom and Steve for letting me tag along. Hope I get to see Susan and her girls soon. Love you guys!

P.S. I wanted to tag this on to the end so I didn't have to do another random post. The morning after I got home Braxton couldn't wait to play outside and I wasn't feeling good so I told him to get some clothes and I would help him get dressed. And this is what I get for asking a little boy to dress himself.



4 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

I get that all the time with my kids, even with Talea. It's embarrassing if I have to take them somewhere in public with their choice of clothes, but I figure it doesn't hurt anything.

Cindi said...

What a nice ride home! You got lucky! :D What a good dad you chose for your boys! And finally, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Braxton's self-picked outfit! :D Yeah for you posting lots! Very, very fun!

The Not-a-hoes said...

wyoming looked like a blast! we will make it out there one day...and get feeling better!

Teresa Jolley said...

He has a pair of pants and a long sleeve shirt. That is perfect. Who cares that it doesn't match. Rain hasn't quite grasped how to match so she is always looking like this. LOVE your wyoming blogs. Love you.