Friday, October 10, 2008

Wyoming Weekend: Day 2~Volleyball & The Baptism

We started off the day with a slow start out of bed, on my part at least, trying to beat the clock to be ready by 9am. We were headed to Whitnee's volleyball mets in Thermopilis, which is a neighboring town about 27 miles from Worland. Whitnee is in 7th grade and is an awesome volleyball player already. I just know she will be on the varsity team in high school one day.

It was hard getting Braxton to sit and eat breakfast with all the fun distractions at the Casdorph's home. But I finally managed to pull everything together, with time to spare (only because my Mom and Steve were running a little late to pick me up.)

We arrived just in time to see Whitnee's team getting ready to play there first rounds with a team from Powell. I was pretty impressed since most of these girls had to travel an hour or longer to get there, and they started at 8:30am. I wasn't really sure how Whitnee's team would do up against some of the other teams, but they surprised me with really good games. Way to GO Wiznit!!~~





After the games, we all headed back to Worland with enough time before the baptisms to watch the last Saturday's session of General Conference. I also was hoping to get a nap in for the boys and prep for my talk. Have you notice though that when you have plans of good intention it never works out the way you want it to. I was able to get Jaiden to sleep first, but knew that Braxton would be a challenge. So the fight began! He immediately began to throw a massive tantrum when I tried to lay him down, which woke up Jaiden. Almost an hour of screaming, and singing to him, talking softly, and fianlly just giving in since I was running out of time. I needed to shower and the baptism was in less than an hour. We made a mad dash to get ready only have Braxton lock the bathroom door in the hotel room then shut it. The Hotel had to take the door completely off to get in.

We thankfully made it to the baptism just as it was about to start. I was very thankful for the spirit that was felt there. I feel that it was the only reason I was able to say what I needed to say during my part, since I hadn't had time to really prepare anything ahead of time. The two girls looked so beautiful in there white clothes, and I know that it was because they were radiating such a wonderful light from inside them. My Grandfather, their great Grandfather had the privilege of baptising them. It was so wonderful, and when they sang and bore their testimonies to us, I truly felt their beautiful spirits! I am soo so proud of them, and hope they can keep going with the wonderful decisions that they have made in their lives.



Post baptism my sister had put together a little dinner which was so yummy. I filled up really fast, and really enjoyed being able to sit and talk to people I hadn't seen in a long time.

3 comments:

Tiana Johnson said...

We wish we could have been there! We didn't get our invitation until yesterday, the 10th, since Susan sent it to our old Coquille address and it had to be forwarded. It's cruddy that everyone lives so far away!

Cindi said...

I'm not happy that you had to go through all that drama at the hotel, but I am happy (for me... a little selfish, I know) to know that other little boys do crazy things to their mamas too! ;) Yeah for the girls getting baptized! It sounds like it was a really spiritual time.

Teresa Jolley said...

Way to go girls and Thank you May for the daily trip info since I didn't get to go, at least I get to see what happened.